WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Basic Dress.

The dress went together quickly.
It is a perfect example of how a simple pattern can be used in so many ways. Your fabric choice always dictates the result.
This pattern is a classic. I wanted it the dress to have a little more contemporary feel so I chose an organza with a an overall stitched sutache pattern. It is is a very loose floral motif.

I think it worked well.
I did not like the way the sash looked after I made it so I made took a scrap of the fabric, picked the threads out of some of the sutache cord and used it to make belt. I hand tacked the the loops in place since I had already serged the side seams.
I purchased a 3 inch wide taffeta ribbon to replace the sewn on sash. I knew would allow the dress to be more fitted in case it was a little loose.
Sewing for someone in another state does create a little bit of a problem when it comes to fit.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe how well it fit her considering that I gave you the measurements over the phone :) Thanks Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete