WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Fabric Resources

For any crafters visiting the blog, I am going to list several favorite fabric stores.

On a hot tip from a lady I met at Hobby Lobby in Cumming,GA I learned about GailK Fabrics in Atlanta.
Gail K Fabrics Inc.
2216 Cheshire Bridge Road
Atlanta, GA
gailkfabricsinc.com

This a must see if you are near, or visiting the area. Literally floor to ceiling fabric, barely room to walk between tables and racks, in the funkiest building and neighborhood. IT IS FABRIC HEAVEN!!! Expect the unexpected.

Next on the list is Mary Jo's Cloth Store Inc.

I discovered Mary Jo's when I was living in Utah and making a lot of evening gowns for Miss Utah contestants. I had to phone and order by mail since they are in North Carolina. They are wonderful to work with over the phone, will send samples and you can take a virtual tour of the store on line.
Mary Jo's Cloth Store Inc.
401 Cox Road
Gastonia, NC
maryjos.com

Now that we are back in Oregon, I haunt
Fabric Depot
700 SE 122nd Ave.
Portland, OR
info@fabricdepot.com

Where everything is always on sale. Another converted grocery store. They will sell you anything they carry in stock at wholesale, if you buy the bolt.

Lastly is Mill End, fabulous selection and a great bargain area in the rear of the store.
Mill End Store
9701 SE McLoughlin Blvd
Portland,OR
millendstore.com


I hope this information comes in handy for somebody. It does for me.

2 comments:

  1. jerry, i too love fabric depot, it puts most utah fabric stores to shame. i had no idea it had been a grocery store before, huh, interesting! the creations you have shared so far are amazing. love the cocoon in the "header/title" so precious! hey, if any extra hair help is needed for les mis i would love to volunteer some time, so keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Thanks for visiting the blog. I haven't made contact with the Les Miserables folks yet. I will be sure to let you know what I find out.
    i have to admit I don't know that Fabric Depot was a grocery store for sure. But when you look at the kind of location, and the chain link side area. It just looks like that is what it was, or maybe I read it somewhere.
    Thanks, Jerry

    ReplyDelete